- Where are the alarms in this house?
- Do they have a dog?
- Which window would get me the easiest access?
- Which things in this house have the most value?
They think this way because they have the mentality of a thief. Thank goodness normal people don't think this way.
However, if you want to be a great base stealer, you must also learn to think this way. A base stealer has the audacity and the arrogance to know that they will be stealing a base. They just have to figure out how. Their questions would take the form of:
- Am I going to steal on the catcher or the pitcher?
- What is the pitcher's best time to home plate?
- What pattern has the pitcher fallen into with runners on?
- How does this lefty tip off when he's coming to first?
- How does he tip off when he's going to the plate?
- How big of a lead off first do I need to take to see the catcher's signs?
|Same eyes. No fear.|